In the past weeks I had some private turbulences that kept me from sewing. (Well at least now I have enough room to install a proper sewing space … )
The current Burda easy (autumn/ winter 2013) (it’s called Burda Young in other countries) seduced me to start sewing again. There was this simple but playful dress and I had the perfect caramel coulored rayon in my stash … The only alteration I made (by accident) was to put the front panel on the left side. The original dress is very short so it ended up to be the perfect length for me.
Maybe you wouldn’t expect that from a magazine called Burda easy, but this simple dress has nice details. Beside the obvious draped panel at the front it has pleats on the shoulders. Easy to do and nice looking.
Shortly before (well, in july) I was a pattern tester for a german pattern company called Schnittchen. I got to try their pattern Hannah. This may not be the style I usally go for. But that’s one aspect of pattern testing … trying something new. Beside the obligatory shortening I didn’t do any alterations. Next time I would use some softer fabric and add a belt.
I hope this time it will not take another month until I can show you a new creation!