Last week I wrote that I’m about to sew a peplum top (I know I’m a bit late for this trend…) I finished it on wednesday but saturday is the first day of the week when daylight and free time come together (and I need both to take photos).
My turban style hat was quite popular on BurdaStyle. So if you are interested in sewing one yourself, this is the tutorial I followed.
I based my top on the pattern #114 BurdaStyle 08/2012. I chose the smallest size available which was a 34 (XS). In the end the most time consuming part was adjusting the fit. You read a lot about Small Bust Adjustment and stuff on sewing blogs. But I almost always have to do the Skinny Dwarf Adjustment (SDA :) ) This time I forgot to shorten the bodice. Now the final result is not as short as the original. But this way I can wear it with leggings (Keep in mind: leggings are no pants! :) ) I used some other long sleeves from Burda I already had from another project (because I didn’t want to trace one more piece from the confusing pattern sheet than necessary). I had to take in several cm on the bodice and the sleeves. I added black cuffs to the sleeves to bring back the colour of the skirt part. The final adjustement was the neckline. I made it wider and droped the facings for my beloved facing stripes. This normal facing thing never works for me when working with jersey…
The final step was painting it black :) I thought of Bob Ross while doing it. But I didn’t do happy little trees. I just wanted some rough brush strokes to create a kind of ombré look.
I like how the black an the very pale green go together.
Yesterday I bought an app for my phone to organize my fabric stash, patterns and projects. Now I’m photographing and describing my fabrics. Beside that I will maybe find some time to finally sew the denim skirt I planned to make last year… maybe :)
Thank you for joyning me in this sewing adventure… there are more to come…